Are you looking for a quick nibble to perk up a boring day? Are you looking for an interesting, different-from-the-usual appetiser to serve at a party? Try out these Monaco Mango Bites!
These Monaco Mango Bites are a beautiful medley of flavours, which your guests will surely love. It was a big hit at home, when I tried it out recently. The classic Monaco biscuit lends its saltiness to the nibbles, the mango its sweetness, the red chilli powder a hint of spice, while the cheese and gherkins add an element of surprise to them. All of them together pack a flavour punch!
This is a super simple snack that you can whip up within minutes, if you have ingredients on hand, albeit not very healthy. You can use toppings of your choice to these nibbles too, and come up with a different-tasting snack every time you make these!
Let’s now check out the recipe for these Monaco Mango Bites, shall we?
- Monaco biscuits, as needed
- Dried mango (with sugar), as needed
- Cheese cubes, as needed
- Pickled gherkins, as needed
- Red chilli powder, as needed
- Slice the gherkins thinly. Keep aside.
- Slice the cheese cubes thinly. Keep aside.
- Make small bite-sized pieces of the dried mango. Keep aside.
- Arrange Monaco biscuits on a serving platter, as per requirement. Place a piece of dried mango on top of each biscuit, along with a slice of cheese and a couple of slices of gherkins. Drizzle some red chilli powder on top of each biscuit. The Monaco Mango Bites are ready! Serve immediately.
- I used the basic old-fashioned salt biscuits from Monaco to make this dish.
- Here, I have used some of the dried mango that I bought in Thailand, which has some sugar in it. It was soft and easily chewable, so I did not need to soak it.
- I have used cubes of Amul processed cheese, which I have thinly sliced.
- I have used store-bought pickled gherkins, also called ‘Sandwich Fillers’. They are, usually, thinly sliced and used in sandwiches to add flavour. Check out this Subway-Style Veggie Delight sandwich in which I have done just that.
- Use very little red chilli powder, just a drizzle, over the Monaco Mango Bites. It should not make the nibbles spicy, but just add an element of interest and surprise to them.
- You can use toppings of your choice to make these nibbles – dried lemons or oranges, cheese, jalapenos, chaat masala, anything goes in the right permutations and combinations. Let your imagination run wild!
This post is for the Healthy Wellthy Cuisines group that I am part of. The members of this group cook for a particular theme every fortnight. This fortnight, all of us are cooking dishes using dried fruit and/or nuts, and I chose to prepare these Monaco Mango Bites for the theme.
Check out what the other members of the group made for the theme!:
Badam Puri by Ruchi| Date Truffles With Oats by Sasmita|Nutty Fruity Cookies by Rosy| Salted Cashewnuts by Jayashree| Zarda Pulao by Vanitha| Shahi Mewa Korma by Shalu| 5-Minute Pavlova Parfait by Seema| Fruit & Nut Granola by Mayuri| Fruit & Nut Raita by Geetanjali