It is no secret that the husband and I are big fans of sandwiches. I have posted about the various kinds of sandwiches we enjoy, often, on my blog.
The Veggie Delight sandwich at Subway is a hot favourite with us. Once in a while, we enjoy heading to a Subway outlet and chomping our way through the huge sandwich, loaded with veggies and a variety of sauces. Probably not healthy, but we do love indulging in it occasionally.
Recently, I started making the Subway-style Veggie Delight Sandwich at home, and it turned out absolutely beautiful. The bottles of Veeba sauces that we picked up at a departmental store (after much soul-searching) helped me achieve the same Subway taste. At least, now I know exactly what goes into my sandwich, and I have a modicum of control over hygiene and the amount and quality of ingredients I put into it!
Here is how I make the Subway-style Veggie Delight Sandwich.
Ingredients (to make 2 sandwiches):
- 1 footlong loaf of bread
- Lettuce, cleaned, as needed
- 1 small onion, chopped into thin slices
- 1 small European cucumber, chopped into thin slices
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped into slices
- 1/2 medium-sized capsicum, chopped into slices
- Pickled gherkins (store-bought), as needed
- Slices of processed cheese, as needed, each cut into 2
- Pickled jalapeno slices (store-bought), as needed
- Pitted black/green olive slices (store-bought), as needed
- Veeba Mustard Sauce, as needed
- Veeba Cheese-Jalapeno Sandwich Spread, as needed
- Veeba Mint Mayonnaise, as needed
- Veeba Sweet Onion Sauce, as needed
- Veeba Harrissa Dressing, as needed (optional)
- Heinz Tomato Ketchup, as needed
- Lay the footlong loaf on a chopping board, and cut it into two equal parts.
- Slice each half horizontally, through the centre. Open up each half.
- Make a bed of lettuce on the bottom half of the bread.
- Spread the chopped onion, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, olives, jalapenos and gherkins evenly over the lettuce.
- Add a generous quantity of Veeba Harissa Dressing, Sweet Onion Sauce, Mint Mayonnaise and Mustard Sauce, as well as Heinz Tomato Ketchup over the veggies.
- Arrange the slices of cheese along the top half of the bread. Close the sandwiches, and serve immediately.
- Ciabatta, baguette or any other long bread of your choice can be used in place of a footlong loaf.
- Veeba Harissa Dressing is optional for making this sandwich, as per me. The other sauces are an absolute must, to get the exact Subway-style taste.
- You could add boiled corn to the sandwiches as well.
- Veeba Honey-Mustard Sauce also tastes wonderful in this sandwich, as a substitute for Veeba Mustard Sauce.
- You could lightly toast the sandwich after adding all the fillings. We like eating this sandwich as is.
- Ensure that all ingredients are at room temperature, before you proceed to put together this sandwich.
You like? I hope you will try this out too, and that you will love it as much as we do!
Would you like to read about the other types of sandwiches we make at home? Here you go!
6 thoughts on “Subway-Style Veggie Delight Sandwich”
i love subway sandwiches
I love them, too! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person