If you are looking for a simple but delectable dessert you can make this festive season, you should check out this Mixed Fruit Cream. This is a no-cook recipe that can be put together in minutes. Let me tell you, it tastes sinfully creamy and absolutely scrumptious!
What goes into this Mixed Fruit Cream?
This dessert is made using store-bought sweetened condensed milk and fresh cream. You can use any brand you prefer. I usually use Amul. I also use a bit of vanilla essence to add flavour to the Fruit Cream.
I prefer using non-watery mixed fruits like bananas, apples, grapes, pomegranate arils and pear, in this dish. However, you can use any fruits of your preference.
Thanks to the use of condensed milk and fresh cream, this is NOT a vegan dessert. Also, I would like to mention that this is a rather heavy dessert, not very healthy (as delectable as it is!), and I recommend consuming it only occasionally.
This is different from the Mixed Fruit Cream recipe I had posted a while ago. That one used mascarpone cream, while this recipe doesn’t.
#FruityBites at Foodie Monday Blog Hop
I am part of a group of enthusiastic food bloggers, called the Foodie Monday Blog Hop. Every Monday, the group members share recipes based on a pre-determined theme.
This Monday, Archana ji of The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen chose the theme – #FruityBites. She suggested we use fresh fruit to make some kind of dessert, and I chose to share this easy-peasy Mixed Fruit Cream recipe.
Speaking of fruit-based desserts, I’m fascinated by the look of Archana ji‘s Mango Fool and Plum And Apple Cobbler. They’re definitely on my never-ending list of recipes to try out! 🙂 While you are at it, you should also check out the recipes for Sitaphal Basundi, Fruit Custard and Thai Sticky Rice With Mango on my blog.
Mixed Fruit Cream recipe
This is how I go about it.
Ingredients (serves 4-5):
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 drops of vanilla essence
- 1 big Robusta banana
- 1 big apple
- Arils from 1 large pomegranate
1. Take the fresh cream in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in the condensed milk and vanilla essence.
3. Whisk gently until all the ingredients are well combined. Taste and add more condensed milk or fresh cream, if required.
4. Now, refrigerate the mixture, covered, for about two hours or till it is chilled.
5. When you are ready to serve the Mixed Fruit Cream, chop the fruits fresh. Remove the banana peel and slice it. Separate the pomegranate arils and chop the apple into bite-sized pieces.
6. Get the chilled cream mixture out of the refrigerator, and add in the prepared fruits. Mix well. Serve immediately.
1. You can adjust the quantity of fresh cream and condensed milk, as per personal taste preferences. The above quantities work perfectly for us.
2. Like I was saying earlier, you can use any fruits of your preference. I prefer using non-watery fruits only – usually apple, banana, pear, pomegranate and grapes.
3. Make sure you mix in the fruit just before serving the dessert. If you add in the fruits earlier, they tend to get too cold, making the dessert a bit uncomfortable to eat. Also, some fruits might cause the cream to get bitter. To add in the fruits just before serving is a better and safer bet.
4. Any leftover cream mixture can be refrigerated and used within 2 days. Again, it is best to mix in chopped fruits to this just before serving.
5. 2-3 hours of chilling in the refrigerator is good.
6. I have used a regular hand-held whisk (not electric), to mix together the ingredients.
7. The vanilla essence can be substituted with rose essence.
8. I prefer using only Robusta bananas in this dessert. Any other type of banana doesn’t work for me. Similarly, I prefer using a crispy variety of apple like Washington or Fuji. If using grapes, make sure you use a seedless variety that isn’t too sour.
Did you like this recipe? Do tell me, in your comments!
20 thoughts on “Mixed Fruit Cream With Condensed Milk”
I love this..though it sounds simple it is very rich with the addition of cream and condensed milk. Vanilla essence and condensed milk are match made in heaven..simply can’t resist grabbing a bowl
Thank you so much! Yes, this indeed tastes delectable. 🙂
Super inviting bowl of goodness.. adding condensed milk to cream must have added lot of richness to it along with finger licking taste.. I am tempted to make it your way..
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Swaty. Do try this out some time. 🙂
You are reminding me of my early married days! My first dish I learnt the Potdar way! I must make it sometime soon.
Aww! Thank you!!
That’s one super rich fruit salad. I sometimes make with fresh cream but haven’t made one with both cream and condensed milk. Am sure is a wonderful treat.
Thank you! You should try this out some time. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Mixed fruit cream with condensed milk looks so inviting Priya. Condensed milk and fresh cream with fruit like apple banana and pomegranate wow what a heavenly treat. A perfect quick and yummy dessert to serve sudden guests.
@Batter Up With Sujata
Yes, Sujataji. This is indeed a quick and delicious sweet treat. 🙂
Fruit salad with condensed milk and fresh cream sounds so so delectable ! I won’t mind indulging into a rich dessert like this once in a while .
This is perfect for an occasional indulgence. Thank you!
simple, delicious dessert that adds so much oomph to a party table, right ?
Exactly! It’s great for when you need a sweet dish in a jiffy. 🙂
So simple, quick and delectable fruit salad with cream and condensed milk. Perfect dessert for parties. I will dream about eating this delicious fruit cream today 🙂
Don’t dream. Make it. 😁
i love this! the fruit combination is amazing , it looks delicious! thank you for sharing💞
Follow @everythingtips for tips and recommendations if interested! It would mean a lot to me!🥺🤍
Thank you so much!
LikeLiked by 1 person