Get summer ready with Mixed Fruit Cream!
Summer is slowly setting in, and I’m here today to share with you all a gorgeous dessert that is just right for the upcoming hot days. Here’s presenting to you Mixed Fruit Cream, a sweet treat that tastes just as beautiful as it looks. Serve it chilled on a summer’s day, and I’m sure it will win the hearts of your family and friends. It is a no-cook recipe, too, a simple thing that can be put together in bare minutes. You don’t have to sweat at the kitchen stove for hours on end, to make this!
A closer look at the ingredients used
Mixed Fruit Cream – you could also call it Fruit Salad With Cream – is most commonly made using fresh cream. However, here, I have used a combination of mascarpone cheese and whipping cream, which gives it just the perfect thick, non-watery consistency. Thanks to this combination, and the sugar that goes in, this is definitely a calorie-heavy dessert. However, take my word for it, it’s nothing short of heavenly! I make this very occasionally, when I’m in the mood to indulge myself and the family. 🙂
I am guessing the mascarpone can be substituted with cream cheese, though I have never tried it that way. I haven’t ever tried healthify-ing this Mixed Fruit Cream by replacing the sugar with another sweetener. Some desserts need only sugar, and I think this is one such.
You can use any fruits of your choice in this dessert. I have used banana, apple and pomegranate, all fruits that my family likes.
Mixed Fruit Cream recipe for A-Z Recipe Challenge
This recipe is brought to you in association with the A-Z Recipe Challenge, a Facebook group that I am part of.
This challenge is hosted by Vidya of Masalachilli and Jolly of Homemade Recipes. Every month, the group members share recipes made from ingredients in alphabetical order. The letter for this month is M, and I chose ‘mixed fruits’ and ‘mascarpone cheese’ as my star ingredients.
Ingredients (serves 6-8):
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 4-5 drops of vanilla essence
- 8 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 2 medium-sized Robusta bananas
- Arils from 1 large pomegranate
1. Take the whipping cream in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar and vanilla essence. Cream together until it gets thick and all the sugar is well integrated into the cream.
2. Now, add the mascarpone cheese to the mixing bowl. Whisk together till the mixture is nice and thick.
3. Place the mixing bowl, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours to chill.
4. Get the cream mixture out of the refrigerator when you are ready to serve the dessert. Add in the fruits just before serving. Remove the stems and core from the apple and chop into cubes. Cut the banana into rounds. Add these to the cream mixture, along with the pomegranate arils. Mix well and serve.
Tips & Tricks
1. Use good-quality mascarpone and whipping cream, for best results. I have used mascarpone cheese from Vallombrosa, which was fresh and extremely delicious. I have used Amul whipping cream here.
2. Adjust the quantity of sugar you use, depending upon personal taste preferences. I have used regular granulated sugar here.
3. You can use whatever fruits you like, to make this Fruit Salad With Cream. However, if you are using water-laden fruits like watermelon or muskmelon, it is best to serve the fruit cream immediately after making, to avoid it getting watery. Also, be careful while adding fruits like orange, pineapple and sweet lime – they sometimes make the Mixed Fruit Cream bitter. I usually stick to ‘safe’ fruits like apple, bananas and pomegranate.
4. Since I didn’t use fruits high in water content, I served this Fruit Cream chilled. I personally believe this dessert tastes best when slightly chilled. Alternatively, you can prepare the base (whipped cream, sugar, vanilla essence and mascarpone) in advance and refrigerate it, covered. It stays well for up to 2 days. When you want to serve the dessert, get the base out, keep outside for some time for it to thaw a bit, and then mix in the chopped fruits.
5. If using refrigerated mascarpone and whipped cream, get them out and allow them to come to room temperature before beginning to make the dessert. Mascarpone is easier to whip when it is nice and soft.
6. I used a regular hand-held whisk (not electric) to make this Mixed Fruit Cream.
7. You can adjust the quantity of fruit you add to this dessert, depending upon personal taste preferences.
8. It is best to serve this dessert chilled. Add in the fruits just before serving.
I hope you liked the recipe. So, go ahead and make it, and let me know your feedback!
28 thoughts on “Mixed Fruit Cream With Mascarpone| Fruit Salad With Cream”
Mascarpone is a lovely twist to the fruit salad.. Must be tasting like cheese cake. I have to try this one as I like very few desserts and cheese cake is one of them.
Thank you! No, this does not taste like cheesecake. It tastes like the regular fruit cream we get in restaurants, just a more decadent, non-watery version. Do try, some time.
Now this is a recipe that is decadent and makes for a great dessert.
I love the combination of Mascarpone cheese and whipping cream to make a rich fruit cream. They look so yum Priya :)…
Thank you so much, Niranjana! The mascarpone does add a lovely texture and taste to the dessert. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Fruit cream looks so rich creamy and delicious. I wouldn’t mind to take a bowlful. I can make a cheat day to enjoy this devine dessert. Loved it Priya.
@Batter Up With Sujata
Thank you so much for the kind words, Sujataji! 🙂 You would totally love this. Do try it out some time.
What a wonderful idea to add mascarpone to the fruit salad. Definitely makes it more creamier and can just imagine the taste.
Thank you so much, Mayuri ji!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Rich, Creamy, loaded with fruits. A Chilled bowl of this dessert would be absolutely amazing to eat on a hot summer day. Kid friendly and ideal for summer parties at home or potlucks.
Thank you! This is a dessert just perfect for summer. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am seriously salivating at that bowl of fruit salad. First of all it is no-cook, and you can put in any fruits you want. The twist of adding mascarpone makes it even more interesting…
Try it out! Being the big sweet tooth that you are – just like me – I’m sure you will love it. 🙂
Mascarpone in fruit salad sounds absolutely decadent. The creamy texture and delicious taste of this salad is so appetizing. Great way to feed fruits for fussy kids.
It’s high on calories and quite heavy, but oh so good! Works wonderfully as an occasional treat. 🙂
This creamy delicious bowl of fresh fruit cream is definitely a welcome treat for summers. Adding mascarpone makes it more creamy and love that twist.
Thank you! It does taste delicious. 🙂
Absolutely irresistible, definitely a finger licking mascarpone fruit salad. My mouth is just watering here. What a fabulous dish.
Thank you so much!
The fruit cream looks absolutely creamy rich and delectable ! Perfct treat on a Summer Afternoon. I am sure it will be a hit among all ages.
Thank you so much! Yes, this is a dessert just perfect for summer. 🙂
How amazing, I love the creaminess of MAscapone and love to use it. happy happy happy dance now that we have a cool recipe with it.
Thank you! Do try this out some time. I’m sure you will love it. 🙂
Fruit cream is one of the first few desserts I tried at Badshah (at Crawford Market- put it on ur to-do list next time) along with Falooda … the summer is the perfect season to dive into that bowl.. mascarpone must hv given it so much creaminess
Aah.. I missed Crawford Market the last time I was in Mumbai. Definitely next time. 🙂
Thank you! Do try this version of Fruit Cream some time. I’m sure you’ll love it.
Such a lovely combination of Mascarpone cheese and whipped cream here. I am simply loving this rich fruit cream. Perfect for lazy summer afternoon hunger treat
Thank you! Glad you liked it. 🙂