Are you looking for an easy dessert recipe, something that is not very tough to put together and is yet quite yummy? Well, your search ends here!
Here’s presenting Healthy Chocolate Coconut Bites, a very simple dessert that requires zero cooking, that takes barely minutes to make. It is healthy, to boot, made with raw cane sugar instead of refined sugar. It is absolutely dairy-free as well.
There is the goodness of almond butter in there. The beautiful, classic combination of chocolate and coconut is what makes this healthy dessert absolutely delectable.
Do try this recipe out, will you?
Ingredients (makes 10-12 Healthy Chocolate Coconut Bites):
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dry coconut powder + a little more for decoration
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 10 almonds
- 4 tablespoons raw cane sugar, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons almond butter, or as needed
- Dry roast the almonds till crisp, on medium flame. Take care to ensure that the almonds do not burn. Transfer to a plate and let them cool down completely.
- When the almonds are cool enough to handle, chop them into slivers. Reserve a few of the almond slivers to use in decoration later, and add the rest to a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add the 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/3 cup of dry coconut powder, vanilla essence, almond butter, and the raw cane sugar. Mix well, ensuring all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated together, and form 10-12 balls out of the mixture.
- Flatten the balls to make pedas. Decorate the Healthy Chocolate Coconut Bites with dry coconut powder and the reserved roasted almond slivers. Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, in a dry and air-tight box, before serving.
- I used Jus’ Amazin’ All Natural almond butter to make these Healthy Chocolate Coconut Bites. If you don’t have it, you can use unsalted butter or fresh cream instead.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of cocoa powder, raw cane sugar and dry coconut powder, depending upon your personal taste preferences.
- Use just enough almond butter to get the mixture to a dough-like consistency. 4 tablespoons was just right in my case.
Did you like this recipe for Healthy Chocolate Coconut Bites? Do tell me in your comments!
This post is for the Foodie Monday Blog Hop. The theme for this week is ‘Healthy Desserts’.