I absolutely love Sprig’s range of gourmet food products. I love the fact that they have some really interesting products on board – Salted Caramel, Mango & Jalapeno Sauce, Extract Of Natural Culinary Lavender, Rosemary & Lavender-Infused Sea Salt and all-natural food colouring, to state some examples. How do I not get excited by all of this? 🙂
On this blog, I have waxed eloquent about my love for Sprig products and my desire to try them all out. I am trying them out, too, one at a time. Every now and then, I sneak a Sprig product into my grocery shopping list, and then have fun experimenting with it. 😛 I used Sprig’s Tangier Spice Mix to create these Oriental Spiced Cookies first, which tasted absolutely amazing. Now, I present to you a Hot & Sweet Sandwich that I made with cheese, Pikkle Shikkle’s pineapple jam (another home-grown brand that I absolutely adore!), and Sprig’s Mango & Jalapeno Sauce.
I must also add here how I adore the jams and pickles from Pikkle Shikkle! The jams are super fresh, home-made with real fruit, using limited sugar and no preservatives or additives. The pickles too come with no preservatives and additives, and limited oil and salt. I prefer buying these products over commercially made jams and pickles, when I can’t make them at home myself.
Now, let’s see how to make the aforesaid Hot & Sweet Cheese & Jam sandwich, shall we?
Ingredients (for 2 sandwiches):
- 4 slices of bread
- Pikkle Shikkle’s pineapple jam, as needed
- Amul processed cheese, grated, as needed
- A dash of Everest chaat masala
- Sprig’s Mango & Jalapeno sauce, as needed
1. Spread the pineapple jam evenly on one slice of bread.
2. Spread some grated cheese evenly over the jam.
3. Drizzle some of the mango-jalapeno sauce over the cheese, evenly.
4. Drizzle some chaat masala over the cheese and sauce.
5. Close the sandwich using the other slice of bread. Serve immediately.
- I have used whole wheat bread here.
- I love the taste of Pikkle Shikkle’s pineapple jam, slightly tangy and not overloaded with sugar. Of course, you may use any other brand of pineapple jam you want to.
- Pineapple jam works best for this type of sandwich, so I would suggest you stick to this particular flavour.
- I am partial to Everest chaat masala and Amul cheese, and these are what I have used here. You could, however, use any brand of chaat masala and cheese that you prefer to.
- The slight sweetness, hotness and slight tanginess of Sprig’s Mango & Jalapeno Sauce works perfectly in this sandwich. If you want to, please do go ahead and use any other hot sauce, but I would personally recommend this particular sauce by Sprig.
- If you want, you can spread the pineapple jam on both the slices of bread you are using, for a sandwich.
- I prefer eating this sandwich as is, without toasting. You can go ahead and toast the sandwich, if you want to.
- This isn’t a sponsored post or an advertisement. I am recommending these products simply because I love using them. These views are entirely my own, entirely honest, not influenced by anything or anyone.
You like? I hope you will try this out, too, and that you will love it as much as we do!