Love kulfi? I do! I love getting my hands on some sinfully rich, delicious kulfi any time, particularly in the hot months of summer.
I recently tried out some home-made malai kulfi, and the family loved it to bits. It is such a simple treat to whip up at home, and yet, so gorgeous. Try it out!
Here‘s the procedure for home-made malai kulfi.
Ingredients (makes about 4 servings):
- 200 ml fresh cream (I used Amul)
- 200 grams sweetened condensed milk (I used Amul Mithai Mate)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon rose essence
- About 10 roasted, unsalted almonds
1. Whip the fresh cream till lighter and creamy. Don’t overdo it.
2. Add the salt, chopped almonds, rose essence, and sweetened condensed milk.
3. Whip lightly, making sure everything is mixed together well.
4. Pour mixture into a dry airtight box.
5. Freeze, covered, with freezer set at highest temperature. It should take 4-5 hours.
6. Get the box out of the freezer only when you are ready to serve the kulfi. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
1. You could use whipping cream instead of fresh cream, too. This will yield a richer, creamier kulfi.
2. Adding some roasted, unsalted pistachios (chopped) would take the taste of the home-made malai kulfi to a whole new level. I didn’t add them, since I didn’t have any.
I hope you will try this recipe out, too, and that you will love it as well.
4 thoughts on “Home-Made Malai Kulfi|Easy Dessert Recipe”
Parents are coming soon, will try this!
Please do. I hope you will love it too. 🙂