Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! If you are looking for something sweet, something simple, yet something classy to make for the occasion – if you are into that sort of thing, that is – your search ends here. This beautiful dessert is perfect, though, to brighten up just any day, Valentine’s or not.
Here’s how you make these stuffed dates.
- Dates, as required (Choose a variety that is large, soft and juicy – I used Nabud Sultan)
- Roasted almonds, chopped, as required
- Nutella, as required
- Walnuts, chopped, as required
1. De-seed the dates and slit them on one side. If the dates are too big, cut them into half.
2. Put a few chopped walnuts along the bottom of each piece of date.
3. Carefully, spread a little Nutella on each piece of date, above the walnuts.
4. Decorate each piece with a few chopped almonds.
5. Serve immediately.
1. I find that walnuts and almonds go very well with this dessert but, really, you could use any kind of nuts that you have handy.
2. Grated chocolate, milk or dark, can also be used in place of Nutella.
Do try this out, too, and let me know how you liked it! 🙂